Description Diatherapic Microwave
Diatherapic Microwave appliance of short wave diathermy
DIATHERAPIC MICROWAVE is diagnostic of short wave diathermy, combining high digital technology with maximum convenience in operation. The compact design favors the portability without sacrificing an efficient RF power. Features special flexible cable and folding arm that allows you to place the reflector in any position.
• DVD Instruction manual
• spherical reflector
• flexible arm
Treatment of contractures in the chronic phase
1) The device must be in an appropriate place, respecting the proper electrical installation.
2) Position the patient comfortably on a stretcher.
3) Strip the region which will receive the emission of electromagnetic energy.
4) Positioning the equipment in a manner that facilitates the displacement of the arm and the drivability of electromagnetic wave to the area to be treated.
The reflector has at its end a special plastic coating, whose purpose is to allow the correct approach of the antenna. Do not leave a distance greater than 10 cm from the reflective antenna with the patient’s skin. The closer, the less will be the reflection of the wave produced and thus get higher absorption.
5) Turn on the equipment.
6) Select the application time in 15 minutes.
7) Press the START/STOP key starting the application
8) gradually increase the power. Avoid quickly arrive in the dosimetry expected for the entire treatment, since the tendency is that the temperature rise is constant.
9) Ask the patient about the sensation of heat. The feeling of the patient should be of a pleasant warmth.
10) Keep the patient always awake, because with the pleasant warmth it is normal that they fall asleep. The maintenance of the pleasant thermal sensation should last until the end of the application.
1. What is the optimal distance of spherical reflector the region of application?
Must not be greater than 2cm, so the divergence of the wave and the treatment reaches undesirable regions does not occur.
2. Which professional can operate the equipment?
The use of electrical equipment is restricted to physicians, physiotherapists or even health professionals duly licensed.
3. Is the occurrence of burns possible?
Yes, if the dosimetry is incorrectly used, and if it does not comply with the conditions of use, such as: Advise the patient to take metal objects, wet clothing, if possible undressing the treatment area and dry the skin. It is recommended to use a stretcher of wood.
4. What is the distance that the operator and other persons should be the patient who is receiving the technique?
At least 1.5 meters away during the application avoiding receive unwanted energy.
5. How many applications are necessary?
The number of applications varies depending on the pathology and the evolution of the patient, but for initiation of treatment it is suggested daily applications with progressive reduction.
6. What is the maximum power of the microwave equipment Diatherapic Microwave?
It has full power of 70W.
7. What is the frequency of the equipment, and operates in what ways?
2.45GHz, operates in continuous mode.
8. Pregnant women can apply or receive microwave?
Pregnant women should not be submitted to treatment by diathermy as also operate or be close to the equipment when it is in operation, we suggest that you do not remain in the same room.